Subject: To OCPs for Influenza (Microbiology) for Action: Invitation to participate in the European External Influenza virus Quality Assessment Programme (EEIQAP) 2024 on zoonotic influenza viruses
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
To: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>, "Angeliki Melidou" <[email-masked]>, "Eeva Broberg" <[email-masked]>, "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 14:28:39 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

Dear Operational Contact Points for Influenza (Microbiology),

Cc: National Coordinators, National Focal Points for Influenza

ECDC would like to invite you to participate in the forthcoming European 
External Influenza virus Quality Assessment Programme (EEIQAP) panel on 
zoonotic influenza viruses that will be distributed to the influenza 
reference laboratory network commencing, as it is now planned, second week 
of April 2024. This work is performed on behalf of ECDC by the AURORAE 
consortium <https://www.rivm.nl/en/international-projects/aurorae> .

Panel objective

The EEIQAP 2024 will cover two main skills:

*	Molecular Detection & Subtyping: detect and H- and N-subtype influenza A 
viruses included in the panel using RT-PCR or other NAAT (results to be 
reported within 7 working days);
*	Molecular Characterization: using sequencing, determine the H- and 
N-subtype, designate clade and identify the likely host species (results to 
be reported within 30 working days).

Further details and instructions how to register are in the attached 
document.

Please return the filled registration form before 15th of March 2024 as 
instructed in the attached invitation letter to coordinate your 
participation.

Many thanks and best regards,

ECDC Respiratory Viruses team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.